Friday, November 20, 2015

"Trans"porting A Landing Party Are We Captain Sulu?!

 
Rory J. Koopmans, B. Admin., 15902-100A Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta T5P 0L8

November XXth, MMXV

Hon. Dave Eggen, B. Ed., MLA, Minister of Education, New Democratic, Edmonton-Calder

Dear Dave:

Having personally attended the ceremony earlier today where the Transgender Awareness Flag to stop transphobia was raised on one of the north Legislature Grounds flagpoles, I can attest to what a great ceremony this was. Due to a slight fall at my home I was in pain in my back & my leg & had to sit down to alleviate the pain, so it was great that no one made fun of me for bringing a folding chair to the ceremony. A truly remarkable people is the "Trans" community indeed!

Say listen, I don't have any contact information for Trans community spokesperson Ms. Caitlyn Jenner. If anyone in Edmonton's LGBTQ community could set it up & make the contact, I would like to see if we could get Caitlyn to march in Edmonton's Gay Pride Parade next year on Whyte Avenue as Parade Marshal. Perhaps some of her children & stepchildren could come along.

Perhaps the very esteemed Dr. Kristopher Wells of the University Of Alberta Institute For Sexual Minority Studies could get in on this. As I have no way of suggesting the idea to Ms. Jenner herself, I just leave the idea out there for Gay & Straight & Trans students to make the reach out say through a letter by a group of students in the Gay/Straight Alliance After School Clubs.

Transfixed,

Rory

Source: Myself.


No comments: