Monday, November 23, 2015

A Life Ended Too Quickly

Rory J. Koopmans, B. Admin., #6, 14504-108 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta T5N 1G8

November XXIIIrd, MMXV

Hon. Dave Eggen, B. Ed., MLA, Minister of Education, New Democratic, Edmonton-Calder

Dear Dave:

How do you sum up a life that ended way too quickly? Having just seen Manmeet Bhullar, B. A., LL. B., MLA, Progressive Conservative, Calgary-Greenway last week when I was having a cup of tea in the Alberta Legislature Cafeteria, I am quite stunned & saddened that I will never get to chat with him again. I mean I shook his hand. My condolences to his widow, his family, his friends, & all of his legislative colleagues past & present. All I can do is write up a quote from Manmeet himself on helping people, the very thing he was doing when he was killed on Her Majesty The Queen Elizabeth The IInd Highway earlier today.

"If families feel they have been wronged, or just want to celebrate the life of a young person, they should have the right to do so."

And So We Celebrate The Life Of This Young Person Manmeet Bhullar: Just XXXV (35) Years, A Very Well Lived Life,

Rory

Source: Myself & Reid Southwick, The Calgary Herald.


1 comment:

Colin F. Smith said...

A terrible and sad event, indeed.