Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Democracy Is Important!

Rory J. Koopmans, B. Admin., Lois Hole Public Library Terminal #XI, Edmonton, Alberta

August XIIth, MMXV

Hon. Dave Eggen, B. Ed., MLA, Minister of Education, New Democratic, Edmonton-Calder

Dear Dave:

Exactly VI (6) days go today, I became the Ist (1st) voter to cast a ballot in the riding of Edmonton-Centre where I reside & this is the IInd (2nd) straight Federal Election writ where I have had that distinct privilege. I hand printed my chosen candidate's name on what is termed a "Special Ballot." Besides the novelty of never before having had a chance to cast a ballot in the month of August, it was convenient as I will be out of town on Election Day, Monday, October XIXth and so this option was better for me.

So whether people are first time student voters or a hundred years old or more, I strongly encourage them to vote. Whether that be by Special Ballot like me, or at Advance, Mobile, or Mail-In Ballots. Democracy & the process of choosing who you feel will make the best MP in one of these CCCXXXVIII (338) separate contests can make a real difference as to what leader or leaders constitute the next Her Majesty's Government here in The Dominion Of Canada!

Participate,

Rory

Source: Myself & Www.Elections.Ca.

No comments: