Wednesday, April 8, 2015

The Launch

Rory J. Koopmans, B. Admin., #6, 14504-108 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta T5N 1G8

April VIIIth, MMXV

Hon. Gordon Dirks, B. Ed., M. Ed., Minister of Education, Progressive Conservative Candidate, Calgary-Elbow

Dear Gordon:

Now on your second run of blog posts while being a cabinet minister while not being an MLA, I sure hope you enjoy the campaign. A few election etiquette pointers on yesterday's Edmonton launch:

I. I was invited to the event via PC Alberta email, I RSVP'd that I would attend, I got an actual party response: "looking forward to seeing you there Rory!"

II. I worked some data entry for The Jim Prentice Campaign for Leader, I also gave his campaign a financial donation. As a result, I have absolutely nothing against Premier Prentice or the party. If PC Alberta didn't want me at the event, then they shouldn't have invited me in the first place!

III. Darcy Henton of The Calgary Herald & the Former President Jim McCormick are right. The PC Alberta Party as its constituted now are made up of left-wing bigots and artsy, fartsy types like Chris Labossiere, Progressive Conservative Candidate, Edmonton-Rutherford (& a former member of The Alberta Hospital Party& many people from left wing fronts likes Calder Bateman & H&K Strategies who favour taxing & spending us to death, who are absolutely intolerant of any opposing viewpoints & are against the poor & disadvantaged in favour of their own kind (which is why the budget has so many more taxes rather than cuts.)

IV. I got outside at 9:17am, as I was told the hall would be open at 9:30am & yet the campaign staff for Leader Prentice actually stopped to let media & other party members in ahead of me. Remember, I was an invited guest, not media, not a troublemaker in any way, shape, or format. I came to see my leader.

V. Political science students take note that when I lined up behind others in line, I was actually blockaded from entering after being given permission to enter. Then one of the staffers shoved me back out the door. Still another shoved me inside on my right shoulder after a secretary from the Prentice Leadership Campaign told me "Rory, you are more than welcome to come inside!"

VI. You get Gordie that I was INVITED to the event right? Readers of Executive Dissertations need to realize that I made no threats to wreck the meeting or raise a stink, I came to hear my leader, the Hon. Jim Prentice, BA, LLB, QC, PC, Premier, Progressive Conservative Candidate, Calgary-Foothills speak! I mean what in the hell was I doing wrong? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

VII. As a person who volunteered to do data entry on the Prentice Leadership bid (& who called back thrice altogether) I shouldn't be blockaded from entering a campaign launch! Hell no boy, no god damn way! In fact, I belong there more than many of these "next gen" PC Alberta members who have no respect for the history of the party!

Curious,

Rory

Source: Myself.

No comments: