Wednesday, September 24, 2014
Its Not Premier James Tiberius Kirk Its Premier Peter Erik James "Jim" Prentice
September XXIVth, MMXIV
Hon. Gordon Dirks, B. Ed., M. Ed., Minister of Education, Progressive Conservative, No Constituency As Unelected
Executive Dissertations continues its look at Alberta Premiers as we have a new one, sworn in just IX (9) days ago. The Honourable Peter Erik James "Jim" Prentice, B.Comm., LLB, PC, QC, Progressive Conservative, No Constituency As Unelected brings a wealth of experience to his new job. This will ensure more transparency in Room #CCCVII (307) of the Alberta Legislature. Mind you, Premier Prentice was at one point the boss at a law firm of Former Madam Premier Alison M. Redford, QC, Progressive Conservative, Buying Donuts & Coffee At The Temporary Tim Hortons In An Empty Calgary Home With Her Bottle Recycling Money.
- Jim was Minister of Environment, Minister of Western Economic Diversification, Minister of Industry, & Minister of Indian Affairs & Northern Development in successive governmental mandates of The Right Honourable Stephen J. Harper, BA, MA, PC, MP, Prime Minister of Canada, Conservative, Calgary-Southwest. He had a reputation as a "by the books" kind of minister who didn't create any scandals when he ran his ministerial departments.
- Jim & his lovely bride Karen Prentice (also a Calgary lawyer) have a superb family reputation. They got this from raising their kids & now enjoying being grandparents to two grandchildren. As a result, Jim is extremely concerned about the welfare of Alberta's younger generations.
- Jim knows the value of hard work as he had to work in coal mines in order to pay for his education at the University Of Alberta & Dalhousie University. As a result of this, he is well suited to tell students to work hard & take pride in their work so that they can better themselves.
- Jim showed compassion in his first week for family's of mentally challenged Albertans (including students) by reversing the stupid decision to close Red Deer's Michener Centre. An initiative he deserves credit for acting upon quickly, but I add an Editor's Note. It was Ms. Danielle Smith, MLA, Leader Of Her Majesty's Loyal Official Opposition, Wildrose, Highwood who deserves the real credit here along with her astute MLA's such as Mrs. Kerry Towle, MLA, Wildrose, Innisfail-Sylvan Lake backing her. Without their constant efforts in this battle, Michener Centre would never have been saved from the chopping block. It only took V (5) corpses for the Progressive Conservative government to change its mind!
- Jim showed financial acumen when he got rid of the license plates & shit-canned former Minister of Service Alberta Doug Griffiths, B.A., B. Ed., Progressive Conservative, Battle River-Wainwright. This allowed students in the economics & finance areas of study of the province that the new Premier was truly inII saving money for taxpayers.
Premier Jim's Father & Uncle Both Played In The National Hockey League (NHL) So The Family Has Great Athletic DNA As A Result & Premier Jim Plays Himself For Exercise,
Source: @JimPrentice On Twitter.