Tuesday, September 16, 2014

A Direction Finder

Rory J. Koopmans, B. Admin.
Beverly Crest Hotel Courtesy Computer
Edmonton, Alberta

September XVIth, MMXIV

Hon. Gordon Dirks, B. Ed., M. Ed.
Minister of Education,
Progressive Conservative, No Constituency As Unelected

Dear Gordon:

I must confess that there are times when I have a hell of a hard time staying focused or following directions due to my Aspergers Syndrome or "high functioning" autism. At the same time, I can be super observant & hyper focused when I'm doing things such as this blog. The key for helping these students to stay concentrated & focused is to find teachers that can adapt to their needs. For instance, I had a couple of teachers who encouraged me in mathematics since I couldn't count past the number thirty (30) to keep on counting Roman Numerals like I had been doing & then convert them back inII numbers & that seemed to be of tremendous help. Every student is different & teachers must be taught to never crack & have extreme patience in helping these remarkable kids overcome their challenges!

A Monumental But Achievable Task,

Rory

Source: Myself.

No comments: