Monday, August 25, 2014

Cab Drivers

Rory J. Koopmans, B. Admin., #6, 14504-108 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta T5N 1G8

August XXVth, MMXIV

Hon. Jeff Johnson, B. Ed., MLA, Minister of Education, Progressive Conservative, Athabasca-Sturgeon-RedH2O

Dear Jeff:

Students looking for an economics lesson sure are not finding it with cab drivers & taxis these days. $7.60 just to enter a cab at night is a complete rip off, especially for folks on limited incomes like myself, or students from working class family's. Sure cabbies & cab firms have the right to a reasonable profit on every fare they collect, but now I will have to go even less places, rely on friends for rides or take public transportation which quite often stops running by 9:30pm at night where I work my part time job. I mean how is this fairness in economics?

The Reverend Jim "Iggy" Ignatowski,

Rory

Source: Edmonton Taxi Cab Commission.

No comments: