Rory J. Koopmans, B. Admin.
#6, 14504-108 Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta T5N 1G8
April XXIIIrd, MMXIV
Hon. Jeff Johnson, MLA
Minister of Education,
Progressive Conservative, Athabasca-Sturgeon-RedH2O
Today we focus on Former XIIIth (13th) Premier of Alberta Edward "Ed" M. Stelmach. He's truly an interesting gentleman.
- Ed is a shining example of bilingualism, he speaks both Ukranian & English fluently, & was taught Ukranian first growing up in the Lamont area where he was born. Definitely an example for students to follow as knowing more than one language is a definite asset for students.
- Ed is a farmer by vocation & so has many farming & agricultural skills II pass onto future generations.
- Ed served as the Member of the Legislature Assembly (MLA) IV Vegreville-Viking until the riding was abolished & reconfigured. He then served as the MLA for the newly reconstituted Fort Saskatchewan-Vegreville.
- Ed served as a Lamont County Councillor & later as Reeve, considered an equal title to that of Mayor.
- Ed is married to the vivacious & quite charming (I'm sure he'll agree) Marie & they have four children, that is three sons & one daughter.
Bringing Back All Party Committees Of The Alberta Legislature,
Source: The Fort Saskatchewan Record.