Sunday, March 23, 2014

The Beverly Crest Hotel In Olde Towne Beverly

Rory J. Koopmans, B. Admin., Beverly Crest Hotel Courtesy Computer, Edmonton, Alberta

March XXIIIrd, MMXIV

Hon. Jeff Johnson, MLA, Minister of Education, Progressive Conservative, Athabasca-Sturgeon-RedH2O

Dear Jeff:

Our family has an interesting history with this hotel.

I. In MCMLXVI (1966), my father Johannes (Joe) K. Koopmans & my late mother June C. Adams were engaged in this hotel's dining room & buffet area. Thus the start of their family of three kids who went onto of course become students.

II. My parents would come here every Sunday for dinner & then go home to watch "The Ed Sullivan Show" from New York City, New York on the Columbia Broadcasting System (CBS) Television, whose feed was picked up by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC.)

III. One of the waitresses in the dining room here (a Mrs. Ellen Loga), hit 50 years as a waitress here on September 15th last year. That is half a century of showing & helping other waiters & waitresses the honesty & integrity of having a career in the hospitality industry. To put it in perspective, she has outlasted X (10) United States presidents, VII (7) British Prime Ministers, & VII (7) Canadian Prime Ministers.

IV. I took my late friend Mr. John Patrick Day here for meals twice a month at the Beverly Crest Lunch Counter from MCMXCIX (1999)-MMVI (2006.)

V. Here I now work as a bouncer at the Crest Games Room on Friday & Saturday nights from 7pm-2am. Talk about the circle of life, I'm employed in the very place where my folks planned the start of their life together!

Talk About Coming Full Circle,

Rory

Source: The Beverly Towne Farmers Market.



No comments: