Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Doctor, Where Art Thou?

Rory J. Koopmans, B. Admin.
#6, 14504-108 Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta T5N 1G8
 
February XIth, MMXIV
 
Hon. Jeff Johnson, MLA
Minister of Education,
Progressive Conservative, Athabasca-Sturgeon-RedH2O
 
Dear Jeff:
 
I had a dr's appointment at 10:15AM today, which my dr's staff scheduled at their request, & the dr. had a 10AM appointment waiting for him there as well. Both me & the other appointment got there about 9:15AM in order to ensure we would both be seen on time. The dr. called the clinic at 10:30AM to say he wouldn't be there until 1PM after all, his excuse was that "he had slept in." So he hadn't worked yesterday or the day before, he wasn't tired & thereIV well rested. So students hoping to be medical office staff learn to be extra courteous to patients who are stressed. B/c this dr. WASTED MY TIME!
 
Why book the appointments if you are not going to show? I don't even know why the dr. wanted to c me as it was at their request, I got up early on my day off & everything. Dr's charge the government if patients don't show up, or for cancelled appointments if its less than II hours notice. I should be able to charge this dr. say $50.00 for wasting my time & have it come out of his own pocket & not the province's. My dr. is an immigrant, lets ship him back to his country of origin if he can't honour his commitments. Student dr. trainees, please be more courteous than this arrogant prick!
 
Ticked Off,
 
Rory
 
Source: Myself.

No comments: