Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Prime Ministers Week-Part I

Rory J. Koopmans, B. Admin., #203, 8912-156 Street, Edmonton, Alberta T5R 5Z2

May XXIIIrd, MMXII

Hon. Jeff Johnson, MLA, Minister of Education, Progressive Conservative, Athabasca-Sturgeon-RedH2O

Dear Jeff:

As part of a MMVIII (2008) Conversation Series at The University Of Alberta, I asked every ex-Prime Minister of Canada a question. A distinction which makes me the only person besides the moderator, The Honourable Jim Edwards (former Tory PM Kim Campbell cabinet minister) to do so. As a student of political history, I thought that this was an important thing II do, its my hobby & I thought what a unique opportunity. The event was put on jointly by former Tory Deputy PM, The Right Honourable Don Mazankowski & former Grit Deputy PM, The Hon. A. Anne McLellan. Up first: The Right Honourable Jean Chretien.

"Mr. Prime Minister: Why do we have a federal Minister of Health when health is a provincial responsibility, & yet at the same time, we have no federal Minister of Education to oversee grants/monies to financial institutions. In the U.S., you have a Secretary of Education. I think it would be great to have a national minister to ensure educational standards are being kept up across the country for our students?"

Shawinigan,

Rory

Source: Myself.

No comments: