Sunday, September 12, 2010

Show Kids Honesty

Rory J. Koopmans, B. Admin., Ward A, Edmonton Public School Trustee Candidate, 15902-100A Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta T5P 0L8

September XIIth, MMX

Hon. David G. Hancock, QC, MLA, Minister of Education, Progressive Conservative, Edmonton-Whitemud

Dear David:

Kids & folks of all ages need to be taught a valued lesson David, graffiti of any form on election signs is not to be tolerated. Its not free speech in my opinion when a candidate(s) signs are defaced. This is why I not only endorse Councillor Tony Caterina in Ward VII (7), I endorse unemphatically his decision II contact the Police on the matter. I have never defaced a candidate's signage or literature, ever. Either as a candidate, a management team member, strategist, or just plain volunteer! And, I Never will! Just as I'd expect candidates or anti-democracy supporters not to do any damage to my signs.

I filed a complaint with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, Elections Canada, & the Edmonton Police Service when my signs were graffitied in MM (2000) when I ran as a federal Conservative Candidate against the Hon. A. Anne McLellan. The crime was never solved, thereIV I know personally what Coun. Caterina is going through. Its not right, but I want to say now, Tony is the man IV Ward VII all the way!

Viva Italia,

Rory

Source: The Edmonton Examiner.

No comments: