Sunday, September 19, 2010

Lockered & Loaded

Rory J. Koopmans, B. Admin.
Ward A, Edmonton Public School Trustee Candidate
#203, 8912-156 Street
Edmonton, Alberta T5R 5Z2

Septmber XIXth, MMX

Hon. David G. Hancock, QC, MLA
Minister of Education,
Progressve Conservative, Edmonton-Whitemud

Dear David:

A great column in the Edmonton Journal this week on lockers. The more things change,the more they say the same. When I was a proud student at Edmonton Christian High School from 1989-92, I had pictures of Sir John A. Macdonald & my dad in my locker. Two of my greatest heroes. As we had wooden lockers, I also screwed in a shelf of my own with a drill borrowed from (& returned to) Industrial Arts where I could stick my candy bars and other snacks. Kids from every generation "personalize" their lockers and thats a good thing.

Anything To Make Students Feel More Comfy As High School Is Pressure Packed,

Rory

Soure: Edmonton Christian High School & The Edmonton Journal, Jenifer Fong & Chris Zdeb.

No comments: