Friday, August 6, 2010

Not Very Fair

Rory J. Koopmans, B. Admin.
Ward A, Edmonton Public School Trustee Candidate
Highlands Public Library Terminal #VII
Edmonton, Alberta

August VIth, MMX

Hon. David G. Hancock, QC, MLA
Minister of Education,
Progressive Conservative, Edmonton-Whitemud

Dear David:

Having just written the exam challenge for Applied Mathematics XXX (30) this morning at the Financial Building David, I must say the quality & professionalism of the teachers & administrators there and at the Transcription Unit where I paid my fee is outstanding, beyond reproach really. But I am a little mad because three times I phoned Transcription Unit beIV coming down in the last II weeks and this morning I was in the Financial Building on 107 Street & was told by both I had to pay at Capital Boulevard two blocks over and half a block up. When I got to the Transcription Unit, they told me they had been mistaken & that I could have paid in the Examination Room after all & that the exams were in the Financial Building after all (as they are every August session.)

This not only served II waste my time, it shows how incompetent bureaucrats can at times be. I know they are under stress, but why in the hell tell me that the exams are going to be in one building when in fact they are located in their usual place?! I am angry because I had II walk all the way back II the Financial Building, give the administrator hell IV screwing me over & then show my receipt & ID. As a result, I didn't get started until 09:06AM MDT & so if I needed the full 2.5 hours, then I should be allowed to end at 11:36AM MDT & not at the stated required end time of 11:32AM MDT. To say I was unsatisfied would be an understatement David.

Regards,

Rory

Source: Myself.

No comments: