Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Tulips From Amsterdam

Rory J. Koopmans, B. Admin.
#203, 8912-156 Street
Edmonton, Alberta T5R 5Z2

May Vth, MMX

Hon. David G. Hancock, QC, MLA
Minister of Education,
Progressive Conservative, Edmonton-Whitemud

Dear David:

Once again its Victory In Europe, Plus LXV. As a man of Dutch Heritage myself and with The Netherlands the birthplace of my father Johannes (which proudly is my 2nd name as well) I strongly encourage Alberta Social Studies students continually be taught about the great relationship between Canada & Holland.

My father & our family are dual citizens of Holland and I adore the country so much, I consider it a second home. So please David encourage students to read books on the European Theatre & the great bond that we as Canadians or as the Dutch say "Canadese" have developed since MCMXL (1940.) I encourage Albertan students of Dutch heritage & other ethnic backgrounds to travel to the Netherlands and visit tourist sites and historic monuments, battlefields, and graveyards.

Friesland Forever & The Dutch Are Always In My Heart,

Rory

Source: Www.Government.Nl.

1 comment:

Colin F. Smith said...

Broadening students' historical and cultural horizons is always a good thing.