Thursday, February 18, 2010

Praise For Non Judgmental Service

Rory J. Koopmans, B. Admin.
#203, 8912-156 Street
Edmonton, Alberta T5R 5Z2

February XVIIIth, MMX

Hon. David G. Hancock, QC, MLA
Minister of Education,
Progressive Conservative, Edmonton-Whitemud

Dear David:

I was at the Capital Boulevard Building today for the Department of Education to pick up an updated transcript & learn about any part time administrative positions. Never got her name, but the young lady was quite chatty with me at the counter & found it funny that a guy was talking more than she was. But she knows I am chatty & nervous in my quest to hit 200 High School Credits & said it was noble.

All I want to do today David is to praise her, & all of the other staff for their gracious service in putting up with my numerous enquiries. Especially last month when they were under pressure with exams. The administrative staffs are always unsung heroes & deserve their kudos. A lot of them are not even teachers but they see the value of getting a good education.

I like Alberta Ed. Staff because they are friendly, well versed & take time to talk to me on the phone & call me back personally rather than through an informal email. They talk & listen & are devising strategies for me tro obtain my goal. So, they deserve their laudits & appreciation David. They also deserve higher salaries than the are getting. Let us here it for the background people at Alberta Ed. They keep Alberta Students on track & work with their advisors & family members to ensure that all Credits obtained will contribute to that student being a productive member of society.

Regards,

Rory

Source: Alberta Education, The Government Of Alberta.