Friday, January 29, 2010

Jasper Place High School Jasper Park Lodge Jasper Townsite Jasper Dale

Rory J. Koopmans, B. Admin.
#203, 8912-156 Street
Edmonton, Alberta T5R 5Z2

January XXIXth, MMX

Hon. David G. Hancock, QC, MLA
Minister of Education,
Progressive Conservative, Edmonton-Whitemud

Dear David:

I want to truly thank the staff & administration of the Jasper Place Composite High School (School Code #7071) for their professionalism in allowing me to challenge write several High School Departmentals. Besides saving me the gas & parking fees, they were very gracious in answering my questions & ensuring I had a safe, comfortable atmosphere in which to write the tests.

These fine folks are truly an inspiration to our educational system. As are the students who were very welcoming of me when I told them the purpose of my visits to the school & how I was trying to inspire folks to get a proper education. After all, you can never underestimate how valuable getting an educaton is. This is why I am trying to be the best of the best & hit 200 Credits & 2 High School Diplomas.

Whats really great is, I wasn't sure of where to park, so students who were outside at the time I first showed up & explained my purpose directed me to the student & visitor parking. This was a truly kind gesture. I also got lost a couple of times in the vast hallways. By goodness if students, staff & custodial staff were kind enough to guide me right where I needed to go. Not just pointing me in the right direction, but by walking me right to my final destination. Taking time out of their busy lives/schedules, this absolutely blew me away at how classy everyone in the JP was. The staff are definitely educating the kids properly in manners.

So whether I pass or whether I fail all or some of the exams, I went down swinging & trying my best to promote the value of education & for that I can be extremely proud of myself!

With Grace,

Rory

Source: Jasper Place Composite High School, Vice-Principal Mike Wilkie.

No comments: